I'm Back

Saturday, May 26, 2007

We're back from our short vacation in Hong Kong! It was fun, but very tiring because of the heat. It's even hotter there compared to the Philippines. Before we left, we checked on the weather in the internet and it said there would be scattered thunderstorms. My heart sank, coz you do a lot of walking and it's too much of a hassle going around when it's raining. And there goes our shopping! Thank God it didn't!

We stayed at Holiday Inn Golden Mile in Nathan Road, TST. The kids said that Hong Kong is like the Philippines, but much neater. But Philippines smells lovelier. You know why? While walking along Nathan Road, all you could smell is body odor to the max...really i'm not kidding. If only we could hold our breath while walking the stretch of Nathan Road, we'd do that. Josh even asked me, "Mom, do they ever know the meaning of deodorants?" There was even a time I heard my son say "hey dude! do you know what a deodorant is?" I just had to stop him if we don't want to end up with a fight with somebody. Josh just couldn't stand the smell, neither do we, but then again, what the heck, we are there to enjoy.

We all enjoyed taking the MTR, especially during rush hours. We just blended with the crowd. The kids were amused with the octopus card, I was too. It's just fun swinging your bag on top of the sensor! We also enjoyed the food, even if we had to line up for more than fifteen minutes. We even had to line up for more than an hour just to be able to eat in this japanese restaurant, and it was really worth it, the best i've tasted so far. Disneyland was so-so. We were kinda disappointed, it was small, and looked a bit dry. It's just different. There were like 4 mascots only and not much rides....arrggghhhh! But it was a nice experience riding in a disney inspired train. The Peak was amazing and breathtaking! I've been to Hong Kong a lot of times already, but this my first at The Peak. My jaw dropped at the sight of the view, it was awesome! And shopping, oh yes SHOPPING! It was great! I was able to buy items that I really wanted. N bought me a new laptop, a belated and advance birthday (40th & 41st) and 15th year anniversary present in one. I chose the same brand as my old one, the ever dependable Compaq. It's a Presario V6000 but we added another 512 mb RAM, and upgraded it to Multi DVD +/- RW. I'm so happy with my new toy.




Josh doing the pole dance ^_^



















0 comments:

Post a Comment

Pictures!!!

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from ♥♥HiPnCooLMoMMa♥♥. Make your own badge here.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP