Spending Time with Dear Lolos & Lolas

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Today we went to the Golden Acres (Home for the Aged) to distribute gifts to the lolos and lolas (grandpas & grandmas). It is my first time to go there, although this is the favorite beneficiary of my FIL. Remember he recently celebrated his 90th birthday, and in lieu of gifts, guests were instead requested to share a cash donation for the beloved elders of the Home for the Aged. A sufficient amount was raised which enabled us to provide towels, face towels, house dresses, shorts, tees, bed covers and slippers to the residents of Golden Acres. We were warmly welcomed, some even gave me a kiss and wanted their pictures taken with me. I was deeply moved by these gestures, surely they miss their families who have abandoned them. Quite sad, but they are better off living there, rather than roaming the streets of the city. I can't help but wonder, why can some people just abandon their relatives? Are they heartless? I was just overflowing with joy, spending time with these lolos and lolas, they're very sweet and friendly.








0 comments:

Post a Comment

Pictures!!!

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from ♥♥HiPnCooLMoMMa♥♥. Make your own badge here.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP