Tiananmen Square

Thursday, April 16, 2009













I was excited to see Tiananmen Square, not for anything else but I remembered this being controversial back in 1989. I know most of you have heard about the protest that began on the 14th of April.













Our tour guide Mae never mentioned about the protest, but instead she said that Tiananmen Square is the biggest square in the world. I know, no one really wants to remember that incident where over 2000 people died.











Tiananmen Square is located in the heart of Beijing. I was really amazed to see lots and lots of people, mostly Chinese. I then asked our tour guide how come I see a lot of Chinese people. She then mentioned that majority of them come from the provinces, and it's everyone's dream is to go to Beijing. Ah no wonder, they are tourists in their own land.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Pictures!!!

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from ♥♥HiPnCooLMoMMa♥♥. Make your own badge here.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP