Just Plain Happy

Wednesday, August 23, 2006


I tried my hand at sewing curtains today and YES I was able to do one, with the help of some books, and some ideas from the net. I still need to learn how to sew valances though, to make the window look more beautiful. I was like thinking of using a gingham valance, to go with the flimsy white curtain. I was really excited to see the outcome, since I'm a novice at making curtains, and not bad eh for a first timer. I'm all the more encouraged...hhhmmmm...looking forward to do more curtain projects, and that's gonna make me one busy hipMoMMa...yay!




N wanted to get me a gift either from Mango or Zara on our 14th year wedding anniversary (aug. 22), but instead I opted to have this beautiful floral arrangement. I asked the lady manning the section if she can come up with the idea I had in mind. We started putting the flowers together, and I thought of putting this thingy that looked like a "beetlenut" (sorry I don't know what it's called), and she suggested that we add some barks so the stems of the flowers won't be seen. And this is it, beautiful, isn't it? It sure turned a lot of heads while I was carrying it out of the mall.





It's fun to think of ways on how to make your home look cozy and homey, and at the same time it gives you a lot of headaches too. I spend countless hours in front of the computer just to be able to get ideas, and sometimes I don't know what kind of look I want anymore, coz there's so much. I know I should be getting an interior decorator, well that's beyond our budget, so for now I just have to deal with the headaches and all...one at a time...soon...soon, I'll be satisfied with all my work, and that's enough consolation.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Pictures!!!

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from ♥♥HiPnCooLMoMMa♥♥. Make your own badge here.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP