Painting Reproductions of Famous Artists

Saturday, November 24, 2007

Honestly it's the first time I've heard of Gustav Klimt. Pardon my ignorance but it's just that I am not into painters and their famous paintings really. Is this telling me that I should be a little "educated" when it comes to that aspect? Well not a bad idea, after all I was in awe when I saw some of Klimt Paintings. For those who have not heard of him, according to wiki Gustav Klimt is an Austrian painter and one of the most prominent members of the Vienna Seccession Gallery. He was born in 1862 and died in 1918. His works include painting, murals and sketches, and his primary subject was the female body.

I pretty much liked him in his "golden phase". He used gold colors in his painting. He brought life to his paintings using the vibrant gold color. Did you know that the portrait Adele Bloch-Bauer he made sold at $135 million? This is the reported highest price ever paid for a piece of art. His famous contributions include The Kiss, Fulfillment, and Expectation.

So how about owning a reproduction of his paintings? If you ask me, I would love to have one. And do you know where you can get it at a reasonable and affordable price? Overstockart.com is an online gallery of hand painted oil painting reproductions. You can find a reproduction of almost all famous painters there. Check out the site now.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Pictures!!!

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from ♥♥HiPnCooLMoMMa♥♥. Make your own badge here.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP