No Offense Meant

Monday, December 03, 2007

“No offense meant for Moms”, he said. He was referring to mothers who did rice porridge for the first time but didn’t quite get it. Lately my son has been eating chicken arroz caldo (rice porridge) in school. He requested me to cook my version of rice porridge. Well it’s not actually my own version but that of the internet and recipe book. I too did not have an idea on how to make a rice porridge although my Mom has been feeding us with that when we were still young. I searched and searched and found one in the internet and incorporated it with the one in the recipe book. They all loved it!

Ingredients: (Rice Porridge w/ Chicken)

10 pcs. chicken (drumstick)
7 cups chicken stock
1 1/2 cups uncooked rice
garlic (finely minced)
onions
ginger (match sized)
knorr chicken cube
olive oil
patis (fish sauce)
black pepper

Procedure:
Saute ginger, onion and garlic in olive oil and season with black pepper. Include chicken cube (I didn’t have enough chicken stock) and patis (fish sauce). Put the chicken and cook until it’s half done. Set aside the chicken. Put the uncooked rice and mix it with the flavor coming from the ginger, onion and garlic. Pour chicken stock and put back the chicken. Wait til rice softens stirring occasionally. Add more patis according to taste.

**I forgot to take a pic of my rice porridge, I was excited to let the family taste ^_^**

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Pictures!!!

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from ♥♥HiPnCooLMoMMa♥♥. Make your own badge here.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP