Decorating your child’s room in an airplane theme

Friday, April 16, 2010

My son is crazy about airplanes, he has been since he was two. I am always looking for activities that he can experience different types of planes.
Last year I took him to the local air show where he saw planes from world war II, he saw a bomber plane that was used to bomb Berlin and a bunch of transport planes, and he even saw some modern planes. But I think his favorite was the fighter planes that looked like they had shark teeth painted on the front near the propeller. He had such a great time that I vowed to make the air show a yearly event at minimum.
When it came time to redo his bedroom, I got the idea to make over the room in an airplane theme while he was at his grandma’s house for a week. I found these great airplane ceiling fans that I knew he would love. I finally settled on a fan that is called a warbird ceiling fan. It looked almost exactly like the front of the same fighter plane that my son had really liked at the air show.
The next item I chose was an awesome bed that looked like the red baron fighter plane, which is actually a biplane. I topped the bed off with an airplane spread and sheet set and called it good.
For the walls I decided to get creative. I started with a base of sky blue which I painted white clouds. Then I used this really cool stencil of a little airplane and strategically placed them around the room.
For the capper I found some airplane mobiles to hang from the ceiling to match the Airplane Ceiling Fan , oh and I also found a floor rug (we have hardwood floors) that is blue with clouds and about 6 planes flying around on it.
When he got back home he was on a cloud and I had an ear to ear grin. He hugged me for a really long time and told me that I was the coolest dad in the world. I only hope that when he reaches the teen years that he remembers this day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Pictures!!!

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from ♥♥HiPnCooLMoMMa♥♥. Make your own badge here.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP