Loving Boracay

Tuesday, June 15, 2010



It's my 5th time in the islands, but the first for my daughter Ish. This wasn't really a scheduled vacation, more like a spur of the moment thing by my SIL. The three of us packed our bikinis and headed to the islands and got there around 8:30 in the morning. Our flight (Air Philippines) was scheduled at 7 in the morning so we left the house around 5:30. This is the first time I'm taking another airline. I was so used to getting to the islands a little before lunch since landing in Aklan requires an hour and a half bus ride going to Caticlan. Now why was I not brave enough to take Air Philippines before. Oh probably a few years back they had a really small plane (read: 20-seater or something). This time it was bigger that's why I'm taking them again whenever I go to the islands.

Getting to the islands is very different now. A few years back the boat brings you right in front of the hotel's shore. You have the option to be carried or getting your feet wet. This time everyone is brought to the wharf, then you take the trike that will bring you to the hotel. I got a little impatient because to me it took long for us to reach the hotel. It was more or less a kilometer ride from the wharf. Good thing they have very good roads.

We stayed at Boracay Regency. It's a very nice place and had a beach front almost exclusively for them. The area is guarded, so you don't really worry about your belongings, but of course you can never tell. We spent most of the time lounging around the beachfront and alternately taking a dip in the water. Ish felt icky because of the green stuff. That's the usual sight whenever you go to Boracay in the months of May and June. I call it the algae months. As expected the water was warm, still very clear that you can see the fishes. And the sand, so soft that I did a major spa thing by scrubbing my whole body trying to exfoliate. It felt good coz the sand was really fine, compared to the bath and body works scrub I was using, what was missing though was the scent, oh well you can't have it all as they say.

2 comments:

JO 2:16 PM  

great shot!

Boracay Hotels 10:43 AM  

Lovely photos. There a good atmosphere there, mostly at nightlife. Where did you stay in boracay, is it good facilities there??





Tanya Gemarin

Post a Comment

Pictures!!!

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from ♥♥HiPnCooLMoMMa♥♥. Make your own badge here.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP