Keeping Strawberries Fresh for Days

Thursday, February 27, 2014

 photo straw_zpsdff8ce3f.jpg They are in season and my daughter just loves it. We just came from Baguio for the Panagbenga 2014 and I was really tempted to bring home quite a lot but something was stopping me. Strawberries rot easily. I bought a kilo coz I wanted to eat, it was fresh when I bought it but had molds the following day. This stopped me from buying a lot. I only brought home like 2 kilos of big ones. On my way home I googled how to keep it fresh and found the solution. Of course I didn't believe it at first until I got home and did it. Yes it's still fresh and not a single mold and colour stayed. Not a single sign that it's rotten. Here's what I did. I soaked it for 10 minutes in 10 cups of water and 1 cup white vinegar after which I placed it in a container with paper towel lining at the bottom.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Pictures!!!

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from ♥♥HiPnCooLMoMMa♥♥. Make your own badge here.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP